Dog food bags around the house can not only ruin your decor, but can also be troublesome for those with children. Are you looking for a quick and simple solution to your dog food woes? Check out these steps to make your own dog food can, or click here to see a roundup of more DIY projects.
- One small metal ‘ash’ can (we found ours at Home Depot)
- Spray primer
- Spray paint in choice of colors
- Custom adhesive vinyl
- Vinyl cutting machine like a Silhouette Cameo or Cricut
- Spray the can with primer and let dry. On metal objects in particular, primer will help the paint adhere and make the final colors look better.
2. Once the primer has dried, spray the can using light, even passes from 6-8” away. Do not spray too heavily or the paint will get drips and run. Let dry.
3. Remove the backing on the vinyl sticker. Line it up on the can and push down to adhere. Peel the top paper off.
- Download the custom art files for dog food and cat food below.
4. Fill with dog food, add a metal scooper for easy filling and enjoy your new, mess-free storage!
Want to make your own dog (or cat!) food canisters using our designs? Click the images below to download the jpgs and create your own sticker. Then be sure to tag us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to show off your project!
Plus, be sure to Pin the image below to save this DIY for later!